Audiovisual Translation in Russia and the World: Dialogue of Cultures in the Changing Global Information Space
Marking the 75th anniversary of Saint Petersburg StateUniversity of Airspace Instrumentation 10th anniversary of the RuFilms company International Research-to-Practice Conference and Summer School of Audiovisual Translation: Audiovisual Translation in Russia and the World: Dialogue of Cultures in the Changing Global Information Space.
22-26 August 2016
Conference 22.08.2016 – 24.08.2016
Summer School of Audiovisual Tralslation 24.08.2016 (evening) – 26.08.2016
Objectives of the conference: to encourage the development of audiovisual translation both in Russia and the world, to form the basis for systematic work on maintaining Russia’s linguistic and cultural identity in the face of a changing information space, and to provide a framework for immunity against disruptive technologies of audiovisual discourse:
• Studying key issues in linguistic and translation theory for the purposes of audiovisual translation (AVT).
• Properly translated films, series, and games assist in maintaining linguistic and cultural identity of the country and, as a soft power tool, in projecting its image outwards.
• Issues in developing theoretical and practical aspects of AVT in Russia and the world.
• Teaching audiovisual translation in a higher school for Bachelor’s and Master’s students and selling AVT as a separate translation service.
• The conference is followed by seminars in Summer School of Audiovisual Translation, with the program announced later by the School of Audiovisual Translation.
Details about the conference and Summer School of Audiovisual Translation.