Call for papers
Translation Forum Russia – the largest annual translation and localization conference.
The TFR 2017 topic – “Translation Forum Russia-territory of concentrated knowledge “– was not a random choice. The Forum attendees will get answers to many questions since TFR is the meeting platform of the industry’s leaders, professional translators and interpreters and other stakeholders who already know the answers.
Traditionally, the conference programme embraces four sections – business translation, technologies and tools, non-conference for freelancers and an extended educational section. Moreover, we are organizing special sections of highly demanded languages.
We accept applications for papers on the following topics which we deem highly relevant to the industry:
- Who is the “weak link” in the chain or how to raise your company’s performance efficiency;
- Efficient sales channels;
- Expanding onto the international level: penetration forms, strategies and methods;
- Slice and dice: new market niches and their prospects;
- Strategies of translation agency development: guesswork vs. controllable result;
- Machine translation and post-editing: quality, justifiability, scalability, languages;
- What programme solutions are able to change the translator’s workstyle for the better;
- Better a cheap tomtit in your hand than an expensive crane in the sky? (in terms of prices for freelancer services);
- Market gamerules – practical tips for newcomers;
- Leaving the shelter – reaching out to new business connections;
- Education and Economy. Who gives the student a gateway to the future – universities or translation schools?
- Building efficient interaction chain – employer-graduate-university;
- French, Chinese, Spanish, Arabic and German languages – cultural features, latest translation trends, practical expertise, market expansion/curtailment.
If you have not found the topic you woud like to come up with among those above, we are open to your suggestions.
Call for paper deadline – 12 March 2017.
After that the papers topics and summaries will be reviewed by the Organizing Committee who notifies the successful applicants about including their papers in the Forum programme. The programme will be posted at tconference.ru.
This year we suggest that the approved speakers show a little creativity and make a video of their presentation. This can be a 2-3 minute presentation where you are answering the following questions: have you attended TFR before? What do you expect from TFR 2017? What would you want to speak about in your presentation and why? The videos will be posted on our website.
Visit TFR 2017 for first-hand exchange of ideas, establishing new valuable connections, new sources of inspiration and just for a good company.